You Provide the Painting Supplies
We Provide the Painting and Instruction
If you are on a budget then a D.I.Y. Paint Party might be right for your next Paint Party!
Play your favourite music Invite your favourite people Mix up your favourite drinks
Serve your favourite snacks Pick your favourite painting
Here’s What You Need To Know About D.I.Y. Paint Parties:
We do D.I.Y. private paint parties for ALL AGES
- We love painting with kids, families, seniors, friends and co-workers. If you have an event, we have a paint party for you.
You get to pick the date, the start time and the painting that you want to do for your D.I.Y. paint party
- D.I.Y. paint parties are currently limited to Monday – Friday during the day time and exclude long weekends.
- For adults, we have started a special D.I.Y. Gallery that you can choose from which are paintings that have been tested with dollar store craft paint and brushes. You can see exactly how it could turn out with the cheapest supplies! If there is another painting in our regular gallery that you like, please contact us to have it tested with dollar store supplies so you can see how it will turn out.
- For kids, you can choose any painting from the original kids gallery.
You provide the space, the tables and chairs
- We do D.I.Y. paint parties in your home, work place, hall, community centre, restaurant, cafe, bar and even outside!
- Always consider space requirements and lighting when choosing where you are going to paint.
- Providing protection for tables is always a good idea and, if necessary, for floors too
- You need about 2 1/2 feet of table top space per paint station. 10 painters can fit comfortably around 2 six-foot folding tables placed end to end.
You provide the painting supplies and can control how much you spend
- We will provide you with a supply list and set up diagram: plates, cups, paper towel, brushes, paint and canvases.
- You can purchase the supplies wherever you see fit and control how much you spend.
- Yes, you can buy all the supplies at the dollar store and the paintings will still turn out great!
- Canvas size for D.I.Y. paint parties is restricted to 12×16 due to the nature of cheaper supplies. If you are planning to buy artists grade supplies, please contact Painting on the Prairies for larger canvas options.
You do all the set up before we arrive – we bring the painting that you chose and teach you how to paint it step-by-step and you take home your very own painting!
Prices start at $100 + gst for the painting and instructor.
- Paint party lengths vary from 1 hour to 2 hours depending on the size of canvas you choose and whether you are painting a kids or adult painting.
- Contact us for options and pricing.
- The instructor will bring their own canvas and brushes as well as demo easels but will use your paint, cups, plate and paper towel.
- Payment is due at time of booking to secure your date.
- 2 weeks before the party, the balance is due (if applicable) for your Option A package based on your head count.
- Travel fees may apply.
- The more painters you have, the more money you save! You can have as many painters as you want for one flat fee but we do not recommend having more then 30 painters because it gets harder for people to see the demonstration. Please contact Painting on the Prairies if you would like to have more then 30 painters for options.
We send our invoices with Squareup.com:
- Squareup.com has online credit card payment options.
- We also accept cash, e-Trasfer, corporate cheques and you may request a Paypal invoice as an alternative to Square.